FREE SHIPPING - on all alginate quantities
(shipping charges apply to other products at checkout but not applied to alginate)
This specially selected high quality Alginate is the 1st part of the moulding process, it is the material used to create the hand or foot moulds.
The 2nd part of the casting process is for it to be filled with high quality stone plaster which you can purchase through the website soon!
See below for all product info
- It is 2018 lab tested and compliant with the latest EU Product Safety Directive and USA ASTM- D-4236 for use in hand, foot and external body mouldings
- It is a 'standard set' alginate giving you 2 minutes mixing time and a further 1 minute to setting (total 3 min.). Some brands only give you half this mixing time. The mixing time allows you to work properly with the product, getting a smooth mix without the need to panic, but doesn't keep little ones waiting too long.
- Supplier has had no reported allergies from any users of alginate since supplying for over 5 years. However DO NOT use on broken or irritated skin and if concerned about sensitivity, mix a teaspoon of alginate and put the gel on the back of the models hand to conduct a skin patch test before plunging the full hand/foot into the mix.
- Although not a toy, we know the alginate is sometimes used with children. For your information, it has passed the EN71-3 toy safety test to ensure it does not contain any heavy metals
- Alginate is chromatic - it changes colour as you work with it telling you which stage of the process you are at.
- We recommend it is always used under close adult supervision - keep raw powder out of reach of children. It is designed to be mixed by adults.